Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Random

So I was going through pictures and realized there’s a couple of random ones I wanted to share, but that didn’t necessarily all need separate blog posts (although separate blog posts would get me to post #500 more quickly, which will be nice for all my readers, but more on that later…), so this is just a random post with random, unrelated pictures.

Was that a run-on sentence? Probably. When I was in high school, our writing teacher used to make us fill out S.O.S. sheets for every paper we wrote. S,O.S. stands for Sentence Opening Sheets. (And yes, he called them “S.O.S. Sheets”  which makes them Sentence Opening Sheets Sheets). On these sheets we had to write the first 5 words of every sentence, the subject, the verb, and count how many words were in the sentence. If there were more than 17 words we had to double-check that sentence to see if it was an RO (Run-On Sentence). If I count the words in the first sentence of this post…well, I got to 40 and quit…I guess by S.O.S. sheet standards, it’s an RO. Oh well. This is a blog.

Where was I?

Oh yes, random unrelated pictures…along with random thoughts (apparently) that bubble over from my brain, through my fingers, and onto the keyboard…

_MG_8487 Happy Birthday, Ed! Since we couldn’t go out for dinner ON his birthday (life was in the way), I bought him yummy donuts from Rocket Donuts (downtown Bellingham) for his birthday and stuck the swizzle stick in it instead of candles while we sang Happy Birthday. Everyone loved the special donuts.

_MG_8494 Elise and her bestest friend in the whole wide world, “reading” and singing together.

_MG_8506 Fall flowers. Gorgeous. One of these days I’m gonna grow my own dahlias, but in the meantime, I will just enjoy the ones my friends grow and give me.

No comments: