Saturday, September 4, 2010

Suite!

Last weekend, one of my dreams came true. Courtesy of Logos, we attended a Mariners’ game in one of those fancy-schmancy suites.

And, to quote a well-known Mariners’ announcer, “My, Oh My!”

That suite was, well, sweet!

The first thing we see, after parking in the garage, and entering through a private entrance, and being handed a t-shirt and given directions to our suite by the official suite greeter, was this:

_MG_7967 I know, it’s just sushi and where’s the chocolate? But, Ed was happy.

Then we saw these things:

_MG_7971 A full buffet of food…extremely yummy potato salad, (Does anyone have the recipe that the Mariner’s Suite Kitchen uses for potato salad? Seriously. Delish.), hot dog bar, hamburger bar, pulled pork, Ceasar salad, chips & dip, a fridge full of pop, and lemon wedges for the ice water…and the chocolate did come later, but my camera battery was dead and I have no pictures of that. I was too busy eating the chocolate to bother anyway. Gigantic cookies (about 4 kinds) and double-fudge brownies, and the biggest cupcakes you have ever seen in your life with various frostings and toppings. The best one (and yes, I sampled most of them) was the white cupcake (I know, I know, this is totally unorthodox, just wait for it)…

with the chocolate frosting…

and chocolate sprinkles (there it is). We took some of those cupcakes home. And I even shared them. Saved me from having to bake for those first-day-of-school lunches! :)

Oh, and there was a Mariners game happening while we were there! I got all distracted thinking about those cupcakes…

Well, the Mariners’ lost, but in their defense, they were playing (& I quote my brother here) “the best team in baseball since the All-Star Break”). NOT TO MENTION the fact that I was not sitting in my usual place. So, they lost. But I don’t really want to go back to level 300, section 46, row 112. I get a little dizzy up there.

The suite was perfect.

_MG_7978 Room to move around

_MG_7992 A great view of the stadium

_MG_8005 A great place to watch Ichiro not get his 500th infield hit

_MG_8037 I’ve never been this close to the announcers before. Bonus points if you can find Dave Niehaus.

_MG_8058 We watched Fister pitch a very good game. We only lost 1-0. No run support.

_MG_8065 Up in the hallways around the suites are frames and wall-hangings commemorating Mariner highlights in the years since Safeco Field was built. Ed & I really enjoyed walking through the hallway and looking at the pictures and reading old newspaper headlines and remembering.

_MG_8020 I love having a husband who is such a great Mariners’ fan that he put on the ugly free Ichiro t-shirt as soon as we got there. Oh wait, I think he put it on in case he spilled sushi, actually. But even though Ed is a fair-weather fan, we still have a lot of fun when we go to games together.

This game was even better because there were friends there!

IMG_0306 _MG_8008 _MG_8015 And there were more, but like I said before, my camera battery died. I don’t have pictures of everyone else, unfortunately.

It was an awesome day at the ballpark, complete with a bit of outlet mall shopping and some adventures on the road as well!

My friends Melissa and Tamara also blogged about the ballgame, if you’re interested. Melissa has some awesome pictures, including pictures of the cupcakes! Tamara got more people pictures, including the generous and giving boss and his wife who hosted the event!

No comments: