Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Back to the thankfulness

I took a little break there from my thanksgiving posts, but it's not because I haven't been thankful. I'm going to be completely unoriginal and echo the sentiments of so many people around here and say that I am SO thankful for our warm home. It has been bitter, bitter cold here - like zero degrees with the wind chill (60 mph northeasterly winds) and every second I've spent out in that wind makes me so grateful for the fact that I was able to go home each night to my warm home, the fire, and my family. I am truly blessed.

Tomorrow I plan to buy up winter coats, gloves, hats, and scarves at the thrift store to bring for the Hope Office for them to distribute to those in need. Care to join me?

1 comment:

Tamara said...

are you going to 2nd chance tomorrow? i'd love to join you in those purchase(s). what time are you going to be there? tomorrow's supposed to be our stay-at-home day but i like the idea of getting my kids involved (by having them hold/carry the items through the store)....