Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Basketball has begun!

Just one short week after Sarah finished XC, basketball practice started. Early morning and late afternoon practices have made her a very busy 7th grader and Ed & I very busy chauffeurs! Games started a couple weeks ago and it is fun to watch her play with her friends from school. She is playing on both the 7th grade team and the “C” team, which means she is getting a lot of playing time, which is awesome. When she plays “C” team she gets to play a lot, and when she plays 7th grade she has the opportunity to play with some quite talented ball-playing girls, so both experiences are really good for her. She doesn’t score a lot, but she’s a team player and she’s very supportive to her teammates. She hustles and works hard to make the plays happen.

If you’ve ever tried to take action shots inside a school gym, well, you know my frustrations…but here are a couple pictures anyway.

_MG_0909

_MG_0862

She’s a great defender – definitely one of her strengths of the game. It’s super fun to go watch her play and interact with the coaches (who are awesome) and her teammates.

My proudest moment was when another teacher told me that the parents of a new girl said their daughter came home and said that she made a new friend at basketball practice and that girl has been so nice to her and that her name was Sarah. Way to go, sweet Sarah!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

julie - the kids and i would LOVE to come to one (or a few) of sarah's games to cheer her on. preferably the ones at LC so we don't have to travel "far." i've been known to be a VERY loyal basketball fan (ask Amy Visser Sgalitzer from Logos) and I've been known to make signs......!

Ed / Julie said...

Sheesh, Tam. I just posted this like two minutes ago! ;) I'll let you know when the next home games are! I lost my phone temporarily....had it in the car this morning so I know it's here somewhere...she'd love to have you guys come and cheer! :) Thanks!