Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Day

From the title of this post, you might think it’s going to be about Thanksgiving.

You would be wrong.

This post is about a plate. A plate inspired by my friend Dee’s recent shopping trip to the thrift store. 

When I took Becca to the painting pottery place for her birthday party with a couple cute little friends, I made a plate. It looks like this:

_MG_0943

No, it doesn’t have a turkey on it like Dee’s, but the sentiment is there.

This week, I finally had the opportunity to serve someone their dinner on it. Someone who was a turkey. All. Day.

Any guesses on who it was?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_MG_0938

Uh huh.

And then next afternoon she said, with a twinkle in her eye and a little grin, “Am I being a turkey again today?”

Uh huh.

1 comment:

dee said...

Look at that precious little face...there is no way that sweet thing is a turkey!