Friday, November 26, 2010

It was my birthday

this past Sunday. I had a good day. I was spoiled. The girls bought me gifts at the craft shows we went to the day before.

_MG_0947

Cute little pinky ring from Bethany

_MG_0951

Christmas music wall-hanging from Sarah & Becca

Ed spoiled me, too. He always gives me exactly what I ask for.

_MG_0945

That is my new external flash. I don’t quite have it completely figured out yet, but it is very cool. The flash part swivels so you can bounce the light off the ceiling or the wall. There’s a diffuser and a reflector tucked up in there. It communicates with my camera. I’m loving the shadowless indoor pictures I can now take! I’m super excited to use it over Christmas with my nephews!!

I was taken out for lunch with my family, parents, and grandma; I got to do crafts with my girls all afternoon; and anytime anyone said, “MoooooawM!” in that whiny voice, Ed was all over that person to leave me alone. That was a gift.

Thanks for all the birthday messages, cards, and wishes!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I'm jealous of your new flash :) You'll have to let me know how you like it. That is next on my wish list.

Ed / Julie said...

Thanks, Melissa. The flash wasn't super expensive, as it's not Canon brand, but it got good reviews, and so far it's doing well. You have to tell Todd you need it for Christmas because you'll want it for taking pictures of that precious baby!

Mother Superior said...

I didn't know your birthday is the day after mine - I won't forget again.
I'm glad you had a super day. Love to hear how you enjoy your girls!
Happy, Happy Belated Birthday.