Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The return of Gratituesday?

Yesterday a FB friend posted a challenge - why not be grateful for something every day for the month of November, instead of waiting until Thanksgiving Day? I thought that was a great challenge, and reminded me of my old post series, Gratituesday, which fell by the wayside, oh, months ago. I often forgot it was Tuesday and thus needed to post, or I was busy, or I had other things to blog about. So, while I’m not entirely sure how this will look, whether I will post something I am grateful for every day or what, I’m going to give the challenge a go. Plus, there’s a blog I read occasionally and the author is posting a daily prompt of things to be thankful for and I rather like those ideas. So…I will start today with “I am thankful for (something I see every day)” and “I am thankful for (a favorite memory)”

*I am thankful that today is election day and that the phone calls and mail will stop. Aren’t you all? Okay, so that’s more like I’m grateful that something I see every day is going to disappear, but it’s honest.

*I am thankful for the memories (& pictures!) of our girls as babies. Sure, it makes me crave those chubby cheeks, wet kisses, belly laughs, and watching Ed turn the babies upside down in the air right after they ate when they were only a couple weeks old. (And yes, you may have guessed correctly that he paid dearly for those few fun moments in the way of projectile vomiting from the baby onto him). We’re really loving the stage of life we’re in, with mostly self-sufficient children, whom we can enjoy spending time with and don’t long for time away from; but I can’t get enough of those little drooling, toothless smiles in my memory and my pictures.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Thought you might like this since it relates to your post:
http://libby-bonjour.blogspot.com/2010/11/happy-november-1st.html