Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner

On Thanksgiving afternoon we braved the roads (which were covered in compact snow & ice, but were manageable for cautious drivers) and headed to my parents’ house for dinner with them, my grandma, and my aunt & uncle. Normally the trip takes 12 minutes, but this time it took 30. We got dinner started a bit late, but it was delicious and just as Thanksgiving Dinner should be!

We played games in the afternoon, watched some football, and had just good old-fashioned family time, complete with political arguments. Remind me to never voice my opinion about politics ever again. It’s just not worth it!

Still, it was a good day and we give God thanks for our family and our many blessings.

_MG_1072

Little girls showing Grandma their dolls

_MG_1073

My dad let Bethany use the electric knife to carve the turkey roast. That was a little scary for the mother, but she did just fine!

_MG_1076

Becca demonstrated her new musical abilities for my uncle.

_MG_1087

Elise is teaching my aunt how to use an iPhone.

_MG_1089

Becca’s turn!

Somehow everyone else managed to avoid my camera this time…I won’t let THAT happen again!

No comments: