Thursday, April 28, 2011

Coldest. Field Trip. Ever.

Last week I had the pleasure of going with the first graders to the Milk Maker’s Fest over at the Fairgrounds. The county dairy farmers sponsor the event and first graders from all over the county and the neighboring county come to participate! I went when Bethany was in first grade also, and while it wasn’t a nice day, it didn’t snow that time.

The morning of this year’s Milk Maker’s? Snowing. Hailing. Blowing. While we were at the bus stop. Fortunately that stopped by the time the field trip actually started at 9:45, but it was bitter CoLd. I should have worn my long john’s. Farmers don’t heat their barns, apparently.

_MG_5102

Becca and two of her buddies in the hay maze. They were warm at this point – lots of excitement and running around.

_MG_5104

Look at that! He smiled for my picture! I can put this one in the slideshow at the reception when he & Becca get married! Winking smile

_MG_5108

Becca was pretty serious about this cow-milking stuff. She’s a good worker when she wants to be.

_MG_5119

Becca and a couple buddies on the wagon ride…by this time, they had sat around, listening to various talks and drinking chocolate milk. They were getting cold.

_MG_5127

But the chocolate milk was still tasty!

_MG_5131

She was cold. My nose was frozen. But we had fun together, anyway.

No comments: