Sunday, April 17, 2011

iPhone Photos

Sometimes, the iPhone camera is just better than my Canon Rebel XS. Probably because my iPhone fits in my pocket. That’s about the only reason.

Maybe if I had a fun iPhone app, there would be another reason. Ed got me one, but so far I can’t make it do what I want. You’d think if I could understand a DSLR with all its bells and whistles, I could run an iPhone camera app. But alas, it is not-so-user-friendly. Which makes me wonder, are Macs really all they’re cracked up to be as far as user-friendliness?

But I digress…

I have some decent (& some not-so-decent) iPhone photos from our spring break trip to share, and then I will be able to blog about something else. Hooray!

IMG_0528

Sarah & I arrived at the Ajax Parking-R-Us lot in Seattle and as I turned down a row of parked cars, I said, “We should look for Grandma & Grandpa’s car. I think they parked here when they flew to Hawaii.” Just then, we saw their car! With an empty space on both sides! So, we parked next to them so our vehicles could watch over each other.

IMG_0529

In the Chicago airport. Which wasn’t as big as I remember. Imagine that.

IMG_0538

The first apartment building Ed & I lived in when we were newly married Seniors in college. The window to the right of the door, at ground level, was our living room. The small window to the right of that was our bedroom. I emailed this photo to Ed and asked him if he recognized this building. He actually did! I was impressed.

IMG_0539

The ice cream sundae buffet for our treat one night at ACTS training. You better believe I needed a picture of that!

IMG_0540

Ed emailed me this photo of the girls playing nicely together in their room on Sunday afternoon while I was gone. The toys were still there Tuesday morning when I got home.

IMG_0545

My Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Decadence from Cold Stone. So divine.

IMG_0546

Sarah’s Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip. Also tasty.

IMG_0547

My nephew, intent on eating his ice cream.

IMG_0544

And a terrible picture of me and two of my college friends. It’s really hard to take a picture of yourself in a dark restaurant on an iPhone.

IMG_0548

We had lunch with my brother and his family here on our last day. Really good stuff. But next time, I’m not getting lunch. I’m just getting pie.

IMG_0553

A photo Ed emailed me on Monday. Elise apparently found this hat in a drawer and was thrilled. I’m so happy when she’s thrilled about something.

IMG_0552

My nephew wearing the silly heart-antenna headband that they gave us at training so we could be silly together. E just called them antenna and pretended to be a snail. Such a smartie. I left them there for him to play with.

untitled

And finally, a picture my neighbor posted on Facebook while I was gone of my girls and the neighbor girls on a hike at a nearby lake. We are so grateful to our neighbors who helped take care of the girls for 4 days so that Ed didn’t have to take so many days off work!

No comments: