Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Break Day Six

On Sunday afternoon I arrived back from training and after my  nephew’s nap we headed out to Meijer Garden. It was HOT! Never mind it snowed the Sunday before or froze two days before, it was 82 degrees and a bit humid. And then snowed again six days later. Like I said before, that’s Michigan.

It was a beautiful day to see the butterflies and walk around outside soaking in the Vitamin D and having fun with the family.

In the evening I had a blast-from-the-past dinner with college friends. They decided we should meet at Beltline Bar, which is a Mexican restaurant whose claim to fame among those that know us is that Ed proposed to me at that restaurant. And yes, I knew he was going to propose that night. How did I know? Because we weren’t going to Chi-Chi’s for free chips & salsa, a shared bottomless Coke, and their stand alone fried ice cream.

Anyway, it was great to chat with a couple of my college friends and eat Beltline Bar’s famous wet burrito. I was really glad I didn’t eat the whole thing because when my brother and everyone picked me up after dinner, we headed to one of my favorite places.

Cold. Stone. Creamery.

Plus, we had a Groupon, so we ended up only paying about 66% of the regular prices! Talk about a good way to end the day!

There are pictures from this outing as well, but they are on my phone and I will have a separate blog later with just pictures from my phone. You’ll just have to wait.

After we put my nephew to bed that evening, we watched my other brother’s favorite movie of all time, Hoosiers. It’s about a small town, a basketball team, and, well, if you haven’t seen it, you should. It’s old. I saw it in the theater in high school, I think. I cried then. I cried last Saturday night. I cry the most not when {{SPOILER ALERT}} they win the state championship, but when {{SPOILER ALERT}} the little scrawny kid who can’t play basketball makes the winning free throws to get to the championship game. Everyone cries at that part. Even my baby brother. I’m pretty sure.

You can see pictures of Day Six here.

No comments: