Saturday, April 16, 2011

ACTS Training

On Friday I left Sarah behind at my brother & sister-in-law’s to head to my GEMS ACTS Training. As Area Coordinator for Washington State, I have the privilege of attending this training each year in order to learn about what is coming up for the next year of GEMS – theme stuff, new workshop material, new supplies, new ministry opportunities, etc. It’s an awesome experience to spend 3 days with my GEMS sisters, worshipping, learning, sharing, praying.

This year we were in a new location. For the past many years the training has taken place at Gull Lake Bible Camp in Michigan. I only had the honor of going there once, but because of a change in rates, we had to move. In addition, the GEMS Executive Director’s husband is now the Executive Director of Miracle Bible Camp near Lawton, Michigan, and so we moved over to another lake, Bankson Lake. This was also a great camp location, and is also where the international Junior High GEMS girls Get Connected Camp happens every other summer.

I wish I had more pictures from those days…especially pictures of the women in the GEMS sisterhood. Maybe my photographer friend Melissa will send me some.

_MG_4756

_MG_4763

These three lovely ladies were all newbies with me last year. Newbies have a special bond. Cindy & Ruth are from Michigan and Amy is from New Jersey. Amy’s partner Lisa should have also been in this picture…I don’t know where she was. Sorry, Lisa!

_MG_4764

And an unfortunately blurry picture of my top-notch partner Tami, and my best-Canadian-friend-and-AC-buddy, Tracey. They’re both awesome.

_MG_4765

The chapel where we had praise & worship and much of training sessions.

_MG_4766

Bankson Lodge, where we slept, ate, and had a few training sessions.

_MG_4782

The lake. It is obviously still “winter” in Michigan, though the day after I took these pictures it was 82. And today it snowed. That’s Michigan.

While I was away at training, Sarah had a blast with her uncle, aunt, and cousin. I hope to get those pictures soon, so I’ll wait with the details until I have those to post. But they deserve a HUGE thank you for giving her such a special 3 days. She loved it!

No comments: