Friday, April 15, 2011

Day Two

On our second full day in Michigan, my brother was able to stay home in the morning and have breakfast with us. Then we all headed back to Calvin for a bit more sightseeing. We first went to the nature preserve and the Bunker Interpretive Center. The preserve was there when I was a student, but the Bunker Center is new, though I saw it in 2005 when Ed & I went back for our 10 year reunion.

It was cold when we started out, but the sun came out and it turned into a really nice morning!

Sarah & I then walked past the new Prince Conference Center and across Calvin’s Crossing, which is the footbridge over the Beltline, also constructed after my graduation. Then we wandered around the newly remodeled Fine Arts Center, where I showed her how awesome diamond engagement rings look under the 1000’s of light bulbs hanging from the ceiling in the auditorium. Trust me. Female college students notice things like that.

We met up again with my sister-in-law and nephew again and found one of the new piano practice rooms, where Sarah showed off her flashy piano piece and my nephew tried out the piano also.

After a look around the art gallery and a bit more shopping in the bookstore, we headed home for lunch. Sarah & I ran a couple errands in the afternoon while my nephew napped. We had fun browsing books, checking out stores, and just hanging out together. Then it was back home for dinner with my grandma (dad’s mom). My SIL made a fantastic spread of Asian Chicken Salad with all the fixings and we had a really good evening. It’s great to see my grandma doing so well.

You can watch Sarah play in the FAC here and view pictures from our second day here.

No comments: