Sunday, April 3, 2011

Second Installment of BibleTech Day One

I got some pictures from my friend Tamara. My guess is, there are more, but I probably have to let her blog them first.

When we went to BibleTech, we borrowed my parents’ car since they needed our van to cart the girls around. I never told them, but there was a small problem with their car during BibleTech. But now my parents are in Hawaii and won’t read this post for quite some time, and they will be all happy and blissful when they get back from 10 days in Hawaii. So I can blog about the problem with their car.

 

 

 

IMG_1840

That would be my boot. That would be the brake pedal of my parents’ car. And that would be gum, which I unknowingly stepped in and didn’t notice until I was trying to take my foot off the brake to step on the gas and I couldn’t. Yuck!

But I must have done a pretty decent job cleaning it up, because they never asked what was stuck to their brake pedal after I returned their car.

IMG_1841

Thanks for the Chipotle lunch picture with me in it, Tam!

IMG_1843

Here’s all of us together, freezing, and dying to get to Starbucks for warmth and caffeine!

I mentioned in the earlier post that we headed back to the hotel to freshen up and pick up a couple other gals for dinner. We headed out to downtown Bellevue and ended up having an incredible dinner at an Italian restaurant called Palomino.

_MG_4247

Something something baked four cheese penne. Otherwise known as gourmet mac & cheese. Otherwise known as rich & divine melty warm goodness.

I couldn’t even finish it. I brought some back to the hotel for Ed, even though the highlight of his conference was their very good catering.

IMG_1851

Tam took a picture of my to-go box. I teased her that she could rip that tape off and save it for later scrapbooking usage. She’s kind of a crafting-aholic. And she wanted to save that tape, I could tell. But she resisted.

Surprisingly, even though we were 5 grown women out for dinner without children, the dinner was not without incident. Fortunately, it was not of our making. The waitress was clearing the bread dishes, and somehow, after she had stacked quite a few dishes on top of a larger dish, they all slipped out and came crashing down onto a glass of water, sending glass shards, ice, water, plate chips, and red Italian bread sauce everywhere, not excluding my lap. Thankfully, even though I had my camera on my lap, it was covered in a napkin. And thankfully, the water did not spill over the edge of the table. Only the red Italian bread sauce. It was extremely delicious, by the way. Of course the waitress was apologizing profusely the entire time while cleaning up our table, and the manager brought soda water to help get the sauce out of my sweater. Tam had a Tide To-Go pen in her purse, which really got the last of the sauce out of my sweater. Oh, and did I mention that this was the first time I had ever worn this sweater?! Anyway, the manager ended up coming over with a form entitled, “Oops! We goofed” for me to fill out and mail back to them in case I needed to get the sweater dry-cleaned and then they would reimburse me! I had never heard of such a thing and I’ve even been a waitress! Of course, I’ve never seen a waitress do that either, but I had to wonder, if they have such a form pre-printed and ready to go…does this happen often in this restaurant?

Well, no matter. It was an incredible dinner and we had an incredible time. I’d even eat there again. Only this time I’ll wear red.

IMG_1853

After dinner we went to heaven. Uh, I mean The Container Store.

_MG_4252

I tend to get a little goofy around containers and baskets and organizing stuff. And when I’ve just had one of the most bizarre dinner experiences ever. And when I’m exhausted.

And when I’m with Tamara.

IMG_1856

IMG_1854

Don’t ask me what we’re doing, other than putting hand prints on the windows of The Container Store.

IMG_1855

And so ended BibleTech, Day One, wife edition.

IMG_1845

That is all I have to show for the husband edition.

No comments: