Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday, sweet Lisey-Baby!

Today my baby turns 5. If I were in MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) I would either be forced out at this point, or asked to return as a “mentor mom”. Humph. Such a nice system they have going there.

Lucky for me, I’m not in MOPS. However, I must admit to having been in MOPS at one point in my life and I have very fond memories of those times and of those friends. But whatever way you look at it, my baby turning 5 marks the end of an era in our house. Everyone is a school kid. Everyone is required to take care of their own personal issues (by which I mean, use their own stall in a public restroom and wipe themselves). Everyone can carry their own backpack and coat. Whew! We made it!

And the best is yet to come, I know.

Lisey-baby, you may be turning 5 and getting all grown up, but you will always be my baby. I know from my own baby brother that being the baby of the family requires extra hugs for your mother and sitting on her lap until you are 23. (I know other stuff about being the baby of the family from my baby brother, too, but we won’t go into that right now.)

Today is about you. What a complete gift of joy you were to us from God on that night you were born! Our perfect family. A whole gaggle of giggly girls. Exactly what we dreamed. You have been the perfect Ball Girl #4. You make me laugh every day and you exasperate me every day. I doubt that will change, even with you going to school 3 full days a week come September!

We love you SOOOOOO much and are so thankful to God for YOU!

_MG_6544

Sarah took this picture last week after the girls’ music recital. Elise was enjoying some well-deserved punch for being good through most of the recital. However, I blame the not-being-good portions on Dee. She’s a troublemaker, and Elise {{loves}} a good troublemaker.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh man 5...A whole hand. What are you going to do with all your spare time next year;) Happy Birthday Elise.