Sunday, June 12, 2011

Painted Ball Jar and other craftiness

I finally took the pictures off my camera for the first time in a week. I have many birthday pictures to sort through & edit and they will be forthcoming. In the meantime…

I made this:

_MG_6606

Very fun. Red spray paint. Glass Ball Jar from my collection. Now I need white daisies, don’t you think?

I’m loving spray paint at the moment.

photo-9

50 cent garage sale purchase. It was white & brown. It’s now pretty in black and has a new home on my old desk with some other lovely things.

photo-8

That’s my old magnetic menu board. It had flowery paper over the middle and had a bright blue frame. Then for a while it was a shopping board. Now I mod-podged old dictionary paper over the blue frame, sprayed the other side of the magnetic board with chalk paint and it’s part of the new “command center” in the kitchen. It’s a magnetic chalk board! Love it! I’ve got cute magnetic wooden clothespins on it, holding fun stuff, and we can use chalk to write down stuff to buy at the store, etc.

photo-7

Some scrapping craftiness: an end-of-the-year book for Elise’s favorite preschool teacher! We did one when Becca ended her time at my mom’s preschool and Elise has been asking when we’ll do hers for about a year now. It has pictures and captions from Elise of all their memories over the last 2 years of preschool.

photo-6

Treats for Elise’s party guests on Tuesday afternoon. A pack of pencils from the Dollar Store + $1 clipboards from JoAnn’s + some cut white paper that I stamped flowers on + ribbon I had on hand = $1.20/guest!

photo-5

Flower drinking straws! Green straws + pretty paper cut into flowers using my Silhouette + hole punch = Drinking fun at the party!

photo-4

And THIS is genius. Elise wanted to play “Pin the Tail on the Donkey.” Since it’s a flower party, we asked if it could be “Pin the Petal on the Flower” or something like that. She said yes. So, Sarah drew a flower and said, “We should have bees or butterflies and then the kids have to put the bee in the center of the flower – you know, for pollenation!” I said, “Great!” She drew the flower on poster paper and Bethany assembled cute bees that we cut using the Silhouette. And NOW comes the GENIUS part: Sarah says, “Afterwards, you can cut out the middle and the girls can hold it and stick their face in the flower and you can take their picture!” I love it! That girl is SO my daughter. Smile I can’t wait for this party!!

I also cut out LARGE flowers out of paper for another party game and we’re going to yet create some large tissue paper flowers for decoration, thanks to inspiration from my sweet Canadian friend. Pictures to come.

And speaking of pictures…these were taken with my iPhone…so no judging my photography skills now, okay?

1 comment:

DeJongs said...

Very cleaver, Sarah! Hope Elise has a wonderful birthday party. Love the painted Ball jar, very fun.