Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A list

1. Last week was busy & fun! Sarah went to a sleepover, Bethany went to a sleepover, I watched a friend’s kids, we had company for dinner & games, Elise went to a birthday party, Becca played with a friend, other friends came over to play & craft…it was all great!

2. Because we were so busy with other people, we didn’t even have time to do our activities for the week from the activity jar! I couldn’t find a time when we were all home for long enough at the same time. Except for Sunday. And Sunday we JUST. RELAXED. So nice.

3. Strawberries. We’ve been eating them and freezing them. Yum.  Not the best year, but so good to have them fresh and red and juicy!

4. Swimming. On Sunday, all the girls swam. Only have a few pictures, though. There was lots of splashing, so I put my camera away!

_MG_6856

_MG_6862

Yesterday it was cool, but muggy, so the girls were hot from picking berries. All their suits were in the washing machine. They said, “Can we swim in our clothes?” To their great surprise, I said, “Yes!”

_MG_6865

_MG_6867

5. Make-up-activity-jar-event: We did finally do one of the activity jar events that we pulled for LAST week: Straw & Cottonball Races.

_MG_6869

_MG_6876

_MG_6883

_MG_6891

Really funny. And guess who was the clear winner? No, not me. Ed. Of course.

6. A little catch-up:

A few weeks back, the little girls got their ears pierced!

photo-5

They were very brave and all in all, their ears are doing better than the big girls’ ears did when they had theirs done. We had lots of pus and grossness with theirs. So far, their holes have been fine…until yesterday when one of Becca’s lobes got all red and swollen. No grossness at the hole, just a red and swollen lobe. A bunch of neosporin and sterile cleaner later…it’s doing much better! They both have Hello Kitty earrings, which they will wear for a few more weeks before they can change them out.

And, for my newly painted front door, a new craft:

photo-4

It’s a Pottery Barn knock-off, and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, despite the fact that I couldn’t get a B in the size & shape I wanted anywhere between here and Marysville…but I made up for it with the 29 cent frame from the thrift store that I spray painted. I LoVe it!

7. I miss my girl!

photo-6

I dropped her off at camp a whole two hours ago. I don’t get to pick her up for another 91 hours and 45 minutes. Sigh. Thankfully, I know she’s good and happy and having an amazing time already.

1 comment:

The Mom said...

I saw the new door decor in person when I picked up the CD's. LOVE IT! May I steal some of your creativity juice?
-Lea