Friday, July 1, 2011

Today I will…

1. Get ahead on laundry…in anticipation of the camp laundry that is coming home tomorrow!

Added: Can one ever be AHEAD on laundry? Ah well, the important stuff is done and there's room for the camp laundry...

2. Be excited about TOMORROW! This girl that I brought to camp waaaaaaay back on Tuesday is coming home tomorrow!

photo-8
Somehow I doubt she missed us as much as we missed her, but we can’t wait to pick her up tomorrow! She’ll probably be tired and crabby and want nothing to do with us, but at least she’ll be home and I can stop wondering if she’s drowned or cold or lost in the woods playing Capture the Flag.

3. Put the second coat of black paint on the cabinet.
Check!

4. Clean the pool in anticipation of a sunny afternoon today & tomorrow!
Check!

5. Deep clean the living room and family room.

6. Visit a couple garage sales, the grocery store, and the hardware store (to buy spray for the aphids I discovered on my dahlias! I’m pretty sure aphids entered the world outside the Garden of Eden at the moment of sin).
Check! And I totally scored at the garage sales! Sarah NEEDED spikes for next year's XC season - found a great brand and in good condition.

7. Make dinner early and get my family out the door in time to sell tickets at the Summer Stock Theater performance of “Beauty & the Beast, Jr.” tonight!
Chicken is marinating; rice & veggies will go together quick!

8. Watch Bethany in her performance and then eat banana splits (minus the banana for me!) with our neighbors, and then collapse into bed and do it all again tomorrow.

9. Be excited about TOMORROW! Did I mention we get to pick up our oldest offspring at camp tomorrow? Or that I’m excited about that?

This to-do list was inspired by SuperTam who sent me an email last night of all the things she was going to do today and I thought that maybe, just maybe, if I wrote down the stuff I wanted to do today, I’d get it all done…we’ll see…

2 comments:

Tamara said...

i think i snorted when i read "super tam." i must have you all fooled if you all think it's actually possible for me to get all that stuff done with my three kids underfoot! :) i'm just glad i wasn't drinking my hot tea when i read that line! here's me wishing you a day of productivity and success at completing ALL the items on your list. yep. every single one of them! love you, dear friend!

DeJongs said...

Geesh, I think I need more coffee after just reading your "to do" list. We have been thinking about your guys, and getting super excited for your trip. Love to you all