Friday, March 2, 2012

Cold

I chose wisely for my photography challenge for this week. I chose “Cold.” And it was. Cold. In fact, it snowed on Wednesday!

_MG_4680

I was actually too cold to go outside to take the pictures, so I took them from inside, through the windows. I had had recess duty in the bitter cold (with northeastern winds) on Tuesday, and I had never quite warmed up! Yes, I’m a wimp when it comes to cold weather. We plan to be snow birds in Hawaii when Ed retires someday.

_MG_4681

That road back there behind our house ended up being very slippery when I left to head to town later on in the day. It had recently been resurfaced and is extremely smooth. That, with water, hail, slush, and fresh snow, made for some slippery corners! We ended up with about an inch of snow that was very pretty, however.

Even though I stayed inside I was cold that whole day. I turned on the fire. Hush, don’t tell Ed. I wore my fuzzy warm slippers and sat by the fire.

_MG_4685

I was still cold. Elise on the other hand…

_MG_4687

She & her friend were warm. Elise wore her dress-up leotard. Brrr. Makes me cold just to look at her!

Next Photography Challenge: I’m choosing Macro. I don’t have a macro lens, so it won’t be true macro, but I’m going to try some close-ups of some things that are happening at school next week…

No comments: