Monday, June 18, 2012

A day late and a dollar short

It makes me feel good to know I’ve been missed here on my blog. At least two people have said, “What’s going on? How come you haven’t blogged since you got back from GEMS Camp?” I have a very good reason for that…I did not have access to my computer.

In my sleep-deprived, hurried, and elated state after GEMS Camp, I packed up and drove 2.5 hours home without the power cord to my laptop. Which meant that until I either got it back or bought a new one, I would not be using my laptop…which is pretty much where everything important is contained in one large & heavy black box. Buying a new one didn’t seem like a good option after we investigated…$56 for a cord! So I emailed the lady at the camp requesting them to go look for it (I knew right where it was…still plugged in at the AV desk in the back) and to mail it and I would reimburse the postage. She ended up not being at work until Tuesday or Wednesday this past week, so it was Thursday before I knew it was found and safe. The lady who works there actually lives near me, so she brought it home with her when she came home Saturday night and personally delivered it to me on Sunday at my grandma’s house, so the whole debacle ended up costing me nothing but a week of picture editing, blogging, & financing. And I wasn’t truly without…I still had my phone (for Facebook and email) and I could even search the web on Ed’s computer (though he certainly wasn’t happy about that). But now I am back online and several things on my to-do list are going to get done this week! I got several other things non-computer-related done on my to-do list last week, so it wasn’t all bad.

Anyway, since yesterday was Father’s Day I want to give a little shout out to those dads in my life…

_MG_6810

My dad, who means the world to me

we {heart} Daddy

My girls’ dad, who is my best friend and the love of my life

Dad Ball

My father-in-law, whose love for techy stuff influenced his son and gave him a love for what he does every day at work

DSCI3821

My father-in-law, whose presence has greatly impacted our lives over the years

And, coming up next on the blog…the girls’ (Sarah & Bethany) and Ed’s trip to visit that father-in-law in Texas over Memorial Day weekend! I can’t wait to read it—the girls are writing it!!

No comments: