Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 6, 2012

Before I can say anything about what we did on August 6, 2012, I have to acknowledge that Ed & I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary that day!! We were supposed to have a getaway the following week, but I got the stomach flu, so…a romantic outing didn’t seem like such a wonderful idea. We hope to go late this fall or early in the new year.

We DID have a good day on August 6, however. We were probably lazy in the morning. I don’t know for sure because the only picture I have is this one:

_MG_9469

Claire looks like she’s just about had it with this brotherly love…but she never did cry. She hardly ever cries. She just observes everything in quiet contemplation. Such a good baby.

Later on we headed out to the country to show Elias OUR house! Generally he sees his cousins only at my parents’ house so he gets very confused when he Skypes with them and the cousins aren’t there! A trip out to the Ball house was a must, even if we hope to not be living there anymore the next time Elias comes to visit.

_MG_9473

Bethany got to show her Aunt Jen her new violin…

_MG_9479

_MG_9481

…and Sarah gave wagon rides!

We also headed out to my Aunt & Uncle’s place for a little visit that day, which was fun because we hadn’t seen it since they had made some updates!

_MG_9487

_MG_9491

_MG_9492

_MG_9501

Claire was really smiling at Uncle Jim when they were playing this game – it was so cute!!

Later on in the day we walked the trails to the city park for some playing and wading! It was another warm day!

_MG_9503

We took scooters, but Elias wasn’t so fast at it.

_MG_9507

_MG_9508

So he got some rides…

_MG_9520

Why are my children in swimsuits if we’re only wading?

_MG_9526

Because this is what my children think wading is. I have learned the hard way.

_MG_9529

G&G hung out with the baby and I took pictures. Unfortunately I was having another camera issue that day, so I don’t have very many.

_MG_9544

_MG_9558

_MG_9561

_MG_9564

Later on we got to see Claire really crawling a long ways…she’s a determined little thing!

No comments: