Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Our last full day with family

August 7 (a Tuesday) was our last full day with any out-of-town family…it’s always sad to have that time come to an end, but we ended it well!!

We played and relaxed in the morning and after lunch headed up to Canada to a park that Ed & I had checked out with the girls earlier this year, Mill Lake up in Canada. I know I posted about it, but I can’t find it to link to it at the moment. We knew there was a “splash park” there, so we came prepared with swimsuits and towels so the kids could play while we walked around the lake.

_MG_9576

First we played on one of the playgrounds for a bit.

_MG_9581

_MG_9585

_MG_9597

_MG_9608

Then we started on the loop around the lake. Lots of talking and walking and trading who was holding who’s hand…

_MG_9621

_MG_9639

We saw some ducks!

_MG_9677

And had great fun at the splash park!

_MG_9689

_MG_9691

Becca loved waiting for this to dump on her…and every time it surprised her. Smile

_MG_9694

Sorry, Elias. Becca’s drama blocked your face…

_MG_9700

_MG_9731

Elias thought his cousins were quite silly when I asked them to make a goofy face. Love this!

That evening I packed our stuff up, Ed took the older girls to their school sports physicals, and we moved back home. The next morning we headed back to my parents, this time loaded with all our stuff for our trip to Mt. Rainier. We drove, along with my parents and my older brother and his family, to the airport and that’s where we said good-bye. My brother and his family headed back to MI, my parents went shopping in Seattle and we headed south and east from there. It was hard to say good-bye…my nephew was very sad that morning…but we are so thankful for free long-distance on our cell phones and Skype!

Next up: Rainier!

No comments: