Saturday, August 11, 2012

I'll have a little cheese with my whine...

On second thought, maybe not...

I've been fighting a stomach bug for the last couple of days. Everytime I think maybe I'm improving, it turns out I'm not, so cheese would not be such a good thing. So I am feeling a tad whiny & sorry for myself for that and other reasons...

1. I'm sick. I get to be whiny just for that reason alone, I think.
2. My family is gone and vacation is over.
3. Ed & I were supposed to have an anniversary get-a-way next week, but we had to cancel because I don't want to have lack of energy or a sensitive stomach when we have our get-a-way. We're hoping to hike Oyster Dome and eat at my favorite restaurant, after all! I'll have to reschedule, eventually.
4. Today is Bethany's birthday and the poor child did not have much of anything exciting happen for her special day. I was not feeling up to our traditional dessert outing and we don't know yet when she's having her birthday party with friends.
5. We were supposed to have a house showing today, and Ed & Bethany cleaned up a storm all morning (on her birthday, yes, poor girl!) only to have the couple cancel at noon because their buyer on their house backed out. I feel bad for them, because we've had that happen, but it was frustrating anyway.
6. I'm having trouble committing to or planning much of anything lately because I am as of yet uncertain what, if anything, my job will hold for me this coming school year. I don't know details, but apparently there are budget issues. If you know me at all, you know that having no clue what my days could possibly look like once the girls go to school (in just over two weeks) is extremely trying. The Lord is obviously trying to teach me some patience and "waiting on Him" skills through this and through the house thing, but I am a resistant learner.
7. I want to edit photos of my friends and of our family "vacation days" but my eyes are so tired that every time I try, all the photos look blurry.
8. See number 1. It is the root cause of whines #3, 5, & 7.

Maybe tomorrow things will be looking up...




No comments: