Saturday, October 13, 2012

School Pictures

I often have the pleasure of taking school photos for my friends’ kids. I always love doing this and it’s especially fun when the mom thinks the kids aren’t cooperating at all and yet a picture turns up that the mom just loves! I didn’t do all the families I normally do this year, and I didn’t even do my own since we had family photos taken this summer, but I just wanted to share a few of my favorites…

09-_MG_0859

12-_MG_0891

17-_MG_0911

18-_MG_0915

28-_MG_0993

14-_MG_0339

17-_MG_0354

27-_MG_0370

14-_MG_0388

04-_MG_0423

35-_MG_0475

13-_MG_0522

My friends are encouraging me to considering taking pictures of other kids…those outside my “circle”. I think I could do this, but I don’t know how to decide whether someone is a close enough friend that I just do it as a favor, or if they’re just a friend of a friend and I should charge them or barter for something. That’s the dilemma. What if *you* thought you were my friend and then it turned out I expected payment? I’m conflict-avoidant, so I am not sure I want to go there just yet. I’ve had family of friends and friends of friends ask if they could pay me $XX amount or trade photos for ______ (fill in the blank) and that has worked out well so far. So, if you know someone who wants me to take their pictures, just tell them to email me and offer me something in trade and I’ll probably go for it. Smile

No comments: