Monday, October 15, 2012

Chalk the Walk

Every fall all the 3rd graders in the county participate in “Chalk the Walk” around town. During the annual Harvest Festival, the sidewalks of downtown and the Fairway Shopping Center are covered in chalk squares of fall scenes drawn by all the local 3rd graders. I had to sub on the day Becca’s class participated, but a few friends sent me some pictures, plus I took one later when I went to go check out Becca’s artwork!

Becca & Chuck

4-002

3-004

2-008

1-013

Becca

As you can see, this was all during our Indian Summer weather that lasted well into October. We ended up with 81 days without rain…a record, of course. And now the rain & wind have begun and suddenly I am wondering (only a tiny bit) why I wanted the rain to come…especially as I anticipate a Cross Country meet both Tuesday & Wednesday this week. On the other hand, it’s a good excuse for a cup of coffee and sitting by the fireplace wrapped in my favorite fuzzy blanket after the race…plus, a XC meet is relatively short in the world of sports. I’m glad neither of them are playing soccer or fast-pitch…

No comments: