Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Giver & The Gift

During this Christmas season when I am anxious...when I can't decorate for Christmas...when I have no idea how many more nights this family will be in this house - 10 or 30 or somewhere in between...I am trying to focus instead on the real magic of this season and trust that the God who sent his Son to be born as the gift of all gifts cares about this move, cares about wrapping us in His comfort & joy, and can do something as piddly as moving our buyer's file to the top of the pile it needs to be on the top of for expedited completion. And yet when I pray for that, I feel somehow guilty to pray for something so un-earth-shattering...there are people who are praying for their children to live to see another Christmas...people living their first Christmas after losing a child...people living on the streets this Christmas...people with far greater hurts and sorrows and problems than me trying to move my family 7 miles west. This song reminds me that God wants us to come to Him because He came to us. He is the comfort & joy. So I am praying this song for all those hurts, but because I believe God cares about me moving 7 miles west too, I pray it for myself as well.

(I tried to find it on YouTube so I could give you a link to listen to it, but there's just not a good version there. You'll have to try Spotify if you don't know it and want to listen.)

The Giver and the Gift

Three men and a star in the skyOh, what I would give for a wisdom so brightOne girl with a journey to makeOh, how I wish I was that braveFearless, shameless, faith through the darkHow I wish I was as strong as they are
You say come to me, wait no moreI give you all you're asking forForget the lies this world has toldI'll wrap your life in red & gold
I'm more than just onlyOne night that's holyI'm your star and I'm your wish'Cause I am both the giver and the gift
A child far away born in the nightToo young to know what is meant for his lifeBut he'll grow and he'll love more than anyone canAnd the world's gonna see a light where he stands
He'll say come to me, wait no moreI give you all you're asking forForget the lies this world has toldI'll wrap your life in red & gold
I'm more than just onlyOne night that's holyI'm your star and I'm your wish'Cause I am both the giver and the gift
Christmas Eve, all I seeIs snow on the treesAnd its white and it glowsThat's how I want to be
And you say come to me, wait no moreI give you all you're asking forForget the lies this world has toldI'll wrap your life in red & gold
I'm more than just onlyOne night that's holyI'm your star and I'm your wish'Cause I am both the giver and the giftThe Giver and the gift


No comments: