Sunday, January 6, 2013

A very strange white Christmas

On Christmas morning we went to my parents' church, along with my brother and his family. After the service, they headed out to be with my SIL’s family for the next couple days and we stayed at my parents for a non-traditional Christmas dinner (which was delicious!) with my parents and my grandma. Early in the afternoon it began to snow, and eventually it was sticking and there was enough to “play” in, and since we didn’t have any boots or gloves or coats with us, we headed home pretty quickly so the girls could play.

Unfortunately, the farther east we got, the less snow there was. And by the time we got home, there was no snow to speak of. Talk about some bummed girls! Reason number #457 to move…more snow!!

We spent the afternoon putting away Christmas gifts and I packed up the China we had used for our Christmas dinner a few days before, as well as a few other boxes. That is probably the strangest thing I have ever done on Christmas day. Pack.

When it got dark, we settled down in the family room together with hot cocoa and watched “The Polar Express” with the lights of the Christmas tree glowing beside us. It was peaceful and calm and wonderful.

Of course I couldn’t miss the opportunity to take a couple shots of those CA nephews…

1-IMG_1865

2-IMG_1872

Sarah took a couple pictures of the snow when it first began to fall.

3-IMG_1878

4-IMG_1888

No comments: