Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Extended Family Party

The day after Christmas was pretty low-key, although it was the day that both Becca & Elise got sick. I went for coffee early in the morning with a college friend who was in town visiting her sister and while I was gone, Becca threw up. She only got sick the one time, laid around most of the day, and by evening she was fine. Unfortunately by evening, about the moment we were about to walk out the door for my extended family party, Elise started acting tired and weird. When we got to the party, she would only sit in the chair and cry. I had to take her back to my parents’ house because she didn’t want to go with anyone else. Poor Ed had to stay and do the whole family/cousin with MY side. About 10 minutes after Elise & I got to my parents, she threw up. She ended up sleeping most of the evening and then threw up once more in the van on the way home a few hours later. She slept all night and was pretty much normal the next day, though she didn’t eat too much. Anyway, it sounds like the family party was pretty decent and a good time was had by all. Except for me (for the brief time I was there I managed to burn my hand in the oven) and Elise, I guess.

5-IMG_1904

The kids seemed to have fun playing in the nursery of the church, even though they were all too old for it.

6-IMG_1910

7-IMG_1910chocb&w

Loved this one in the chocolate black & white action I have.

8-IMG_1942

Even some of the “big girls” found ways to entertain themselves before the presents started!

1-IMG_1950

My grandma and the “greats” who were able to be there. There were 14 missing, I think…all of those but Elise live several hours to several states away.

2-IMG_1953

3-IMG_1954

4-IMG_1967

I am sure my grandma had lots of help opening all of her presents!

No comments: