Thursday, February 14, 2013

HONK!

For the last half of January and the first half of February, Sarah was involved in the stage crew for our high school musical production of HONK! What a great show and a lot of fun for her! It brought back SO many memories for me as I watched her experience the same things I experienced working back stage for 5 productions while I was in high school (I was in the orchestra pit twice and was on stage only once…the fall play my Junior year, and I played a bookworm…I liked back stage better!) Some things have changed drastically (as in WAY more stage parent involvement and less for stage crew to do early on) and some things haven’t changed at all (the cast & crew STILL circle up, pray, and sing “Blest Be The Tie That Binds” before every performance). I just loved watching her be involved, have fun with her high school friends, learn from the examples of the Juniors & Seniors, and become part of another “team”.

1-IMG_2570

Because “Honk!” is set on a farmyard (all the characters are animals, mostly poultry), the stage crew got to wear farmer-type clothes, rather than the typical all-black ensemble. Fun!

2-IMG_2580

The stage crew gets to bow on closing night!

3-IMG_2582

No comments: