Friday, March 1, 2013

I have this friend

Yesterday a dear, sweet friend called. I hardly ever see her, even though she only lives 10 minutes from me...soon to be 20 :(. But we have known each other since 1995, and we have been through the stuff of life together. Births, deaths, birthday parties, miscarriages, craft nights, job changes, moves, and countless other things. She knows me. And she gets me. And I probably drive her crazy because she's the stable one in this friendship. :)

Anyway, yesterday she called and I just wanted to laugh and cry all at the same time, because you know what she said? She said, "I'm so excited that you're going to get to move, but I bet it's hard not to wish it was the other house and not to compare this house to the one you lost."

Oh, yes. You hit the nail on the head, friend.

I am SO excited to move to town. I know in my head that the excitement about this new house will come...and I know God will work it all out for His glory...and the fact that today we signed papers on this house in Everson is nothing short of a miracle. But I am so grateful for my friend who just was able to catch in my voice what I wasn't saying. That's a good friend. A true friend. I pray I can be that kind of friend to those I love.


No comments: