Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Thanksgiving Day 2013

Way back on Thanksgiving of 2012, Ed & I decided that we would be hosting the next family Thanksgiving meal at our new house in Lynden. At that time, we thought it would be a different house than this one, but when the time came, we decided to offer to host regardless of the fact that we didn’t have the space we thought we would have for such a dinner. It didn’t turn out to matter much, since it ended up just being the six of us, plus my parents and my grandma for dinner. That’s only 50% more than what is here every day!

I did a complete turkey dinner, with the only flop being my crockpot cornbread stuffing that just did not have the right texture…too mealy. Ed & Sarah took a quick trip to Safeway for some trusty Stovetop, which was just fine when mixed with turkey, gravy, & mashed potatoes! The new family favorite is the sweet potato casserole from my friend, the farmer.

01-IMG_7625

03-IMG_7626

02-IMG_7633

04-IMG_7642

Just for fun I set out a scrapbook of pictures from Thanksgiving 1998…the year my whole family met in Albuquerque at my brother & sister-in-law’s for Thanksgiving. It was the trip when Sarah learned to crawl (while I was at the grocery store) and to pull herself to standing and cruise around furniture. Yes, all those things in the matter of a few days. Ed’s mom & step-dad also surprised us in Albuquerque, since they were passing through on their way to somewhere from somewhere else…this was during their “gypsy construction” years.

05-IMG_7645

06-IMG_7649

07-IMG_7652

Goofy girls and their turkey legs

After dinner we took dessert over to my aunt & uncle’s house since my uncle can’t really get out of the house anymore. We had a great time and the girls LOVED playing outside in the dusk on my aunt’s huge yard. Looking forward to Christmas day there!

11-IMG_7667

08-IMG_7682

09-IMG_7697

10-IMG_7705

No comments: