Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Some January Stuff

iPhone pictures are pretty fun – they catch a glimpse of life as it goes…

1-IMG_2757

I posted this picture on Facebook, too. I began my motherhood years with these women. We had birthday parties (themed parties – and this was before Pinterest!) for our kids together, playdates, craft nights, walks, garage sale adventures…all kinds of stuff. We rejoiced and cried and wondered what to do about teething and nursing and allowance and school and naps and potty training together. We all live in different places now (& there is one from this core group of mine who wasn’t able to be with us because her dad passed away that day) but we were all in the same state over the holidays and we had lunch. It was great. It was so good. I have some amazing friends now, too, and I am just as close to them, but seeing old friends and having things be exactly the same as the last time you were together (other than the fact that we are now in our 40’s instead of our 20’s) is so good.

2-IMG_2759

One of my old friends brought her daughter to hang out with my daughter while we had lunch. I think they enjoyed their time as much as we enjoyed ours…these two peas in a pod…

3-IMG_2803

4-IMG_2802

Oh, these two…

5-IMG_2776

Dee had a birthday. It wasn’t a big one or anything, but she posted this big long blog about how she loves unwrapping presents and how gift bags just don’t do anything for her. So…in the spirit of friendship – the same spirit that she demonstrated when she showed up at school with a wheelchair for my 40th birthday – I wrapped up her presents. Really well. Wrapped presents inside a wrapped box (completely covered in packing tape) inside another wrapped box (also completely covered in packing tape) inside a gift bag. She was a good sport and didn’t even use a scissors, even though she was offered one several times. She finally made it to her reward.

6-IMG_2777

7-IMG_2778

Good use for an unused treadmill…I’m really hoping to get rid of that thing soon, but it’s always cute to see my baby do something creative.

8-IMG_2786

This is my new living room chair. I LOVE it. Except after I got it home, I found a rip in the fabric. Smile with tongue out I’m sure the company will make it right. They have a great reputation. I am still waiting to hear. In the meantime, we are enjoying this one. It is comfy and it is PERFECT in my living room. Just the right amount of bold color I was looking for.

9-IMG_2818

My new K-cup coffee storage. Found the jar at Hobby Lobby and did the vinyl myself after searching on Pinterest for inspiration. Can you tell what the little image is above {coffee}?

Next up, Becca’s basketball!

No comments: