Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Arizona Day 6

I apologize for the gap in Arizona posts – I just spent 6 days traveling to & from Pennsylvania and attending the GEMS Leadership Conference there. What a great & blessed time! But, back to the Arizona vacation here on the blog!

Our last full day was FULL of swimming and movies and games, just like the other days. Happiness, laughter, and a bittersweet mood surrounded us as we knew our time together was coming to a close. We want to do this again soon, and next time with other family members who could not be with us this time! We were abundantly blessed to have those days together and those types of days are truly important and they are what our children will remember.

IMG_7421

Me & my biggest girl. She is truly amazing. Caring and  gifted in so many ways. Her smile lights up my day.

_MG_0906

My second biggest girl – determined, loving, a miracle. Her laugh brings such joy.

_MG_0919

My dad, my hero, & my third girl who is full of life,  wildly talented, and kind. Her singing voice gives me shivers.

_MG_0998

My baby – who is too big to be my baby anymore, innocent, hilarious, and completely loving. When she crawls on my lap for a snuggle, I close my eyes and pretend for just a minute she is still a toddler.

_MG_0938

My parents – models to me in everything.

f48306752 

My baby brother & sis-in-law – these people I adore, admire, and wish I had in my life far more than I do. I abhor the miles that separate us, and yet I know we are all where God has put us for a time such as this.

_MG_0917

My nephew – whose smile & eyelashes & dimples melt my heart, whose cuddles wash away any heartache, and whose love is great & wide.

f47972864

My niece – the princess, lover-of-water, adoring baby sister, and the most fun 2-year-old I know.

_MG_0973

My oldest nephew – super smart with a huge heart, funny, and one of the all-around best kids I have ever met.

f50048768

And this guy – my best friend and partner in life.

All right, enough with the sappiness…

_MG_0909

Looks like it was climb on Michael day!

_MG_0910

_MG_0926

This girl LOVED the slide!

_MG_0930

_MG_0931

_MG_0935

_MG_0947

_MG_0980

_MG_0989

f47506944

f48021184

This is what we all have to live with having a PE teacher in the house…

f48080512

f49304384

f49857088

IMG_7419

IMG_7396

Sarah took her ACT in the morning of our last full day, and as a reward, Ed let her drive the Audi convertible home from the testing site. I would HIGHLY recommend having your child take the ACT while on vacation. No, really! She had time every day to study just a little, she had plenty of rest, no stress, and she scored REALLY WELL!!! She scored SO well, in fact, that she will not have to take the test again (most kids do, in order to try to get a better score) OR take the SAT.

IMG_7400

IMG_7424

IMG_7422

_MG_0957

f50706176

Our evening ended with Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 in the movie theater, after which there is some pretty awesome music during the credits. And little miss K started a conga line of sorts…

IMG_7426

This pictures are terrible, but they certainly represent the craziness of everyone running around to the music!

IMG_7427

IMG_7428

IMG_7429

IMG_7430

Oh man, did we all every go to bed tired & happy, but again, with the bittersweet mood of knowing the next day we would say goodbye until next time.

No comments: