Monday, December 21, 2015

State XC 2015, part 1

So, about that “finishing strong” comment in my last blog post…I had really good intentions. I really did. But then the sprint to Christmas began and I finished that part of life pretty strong…just not the blogging part. But now!?!?! Now! It is Christmas break. I am *determined* to “catch up” in my blogging…...


Bethany & her running friend, Lucya.



The little sisters did not want to be outdone…



Coach Josh tying “little brother” Eric’s tie…



The Team – those that ran at state AND those that did not…though we were missing several of the boys, because they did not qualify as a team, but these were all those that came to state.






The girls…




And those boys…




Senior girls…I just think this is so stinkin’ classic, but you’d have to know Sarah’s relationship with “the twins” in order to agree with me.




The Sophomores!!!



A great moment…one of little brother’s REAL big sisters surprised him at state – flew in from college in Iowa!!






Running sisters






These are so funny!



Little brother’s family…we love them so much – they’re family to us.




Co-captains!



And runners with their siblings who were there to cheer them on – or run with them!




This one makes me laugh and cry all at the same time.


So those pictures above are all from the night before the meet…after the team has arrived in the Tri-Cities and run the course, they get all dressed up and wait two hours for dinner at Olive Garden (because every state XC runner from every school in the state – large or small – is also trying to carbo-load – all the state races are held in the same location on the same day). It’s a fun tradition and the kids look so forward to it.
I’ll save the race blog for tomorrow.


No comments: