Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Back to real life...

As soon as we got home from our #epicroadtrip, we unloaded, started laundry, and made plans for the weekend and the following week. We arrived home on a Friday evening and "Meet the Teacher" day was on Monday, followed by the first day of school on Tuesday...followed by MY first day of school on Wednesday (because Kinders don't come on the first day and also because I only teach MWF).

So, on Saturday, I spent MOST of the day at school, finishing up some things that weren't able to be done before I left (like putting away curriculum and other things that were ordered) and finishing up putting children's names EVERYWHERE. Thankfully, I had my sweet friend Tamara from AZ stop by and help me for a little while before she kidnapped me and made me have a little fun. ;)

We finished putting up my welcome bulletin board, which she had helped me with via text before she came. She's always good for creative input!


I was also blessed to be one of the people she told in person that she is pregnant with baby #4! We are super excited for this amazing blessing in their life! And I know we have photos of us from that day...but I can't find them. :( Tam, send them to me!! 

Then came that first day of school...


We were all pretty excited to start school again! Junior, 7th, and 5th! Just. Stop. Growing.



In 5th grade I still get pictures with the teacher...and since she's my baby, I'm assuming I'm going to get to keep right on taking pictures with the teacher until she graduates from college.


Bethany drove herself to school for the first time and while it wasn't as weird as the first time Sarah drove herself to school...it was still weird and worrisome...


Elise had to fill out this personal survey on the first day...I love that part where she says "The person I like best is 'my sister, Sarah'". As it should be one week after saying good-bye...

I also like where she wrote that next summer she hopes to see the Ball cousins. We hope so, too! Maybe even in Arizona, her favorite place to be. ;) 








No comments: