Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sarah is home, Part 2!

Trying to cram visiting a life's worth of friends into a two-week Christmas vacation is next to impossible, but we did our best! A priority was to spend an evening with the Kooimans, which was amazing and fun and a blessing, as always!!!





We have known each other for over over 19 years. We became mommies within a year of each other and I learned so much from her. She is one of my oldest and dearest friends because she has been there through good and bad, loved me when I've been unlovable, taken care of my kids, prayed for us, laughed with us, and cried with us. 


We love this family!!

At some point before Christmas my uncle hosted a small gathering for my Grandma - it was nice to see a couple aunts and uncles and cousins I don't see often. I wish more of the family was in town and could have come, but I know Grandma appreciated the time and appreciates every visitor!





What Christmas break is complete without a trip to Edaleen?


The first day that the cousins were here we had a little bit of snow, and since we were all equipped with the proper gear for just a little bit of snow, we had to head out for a snowball fight!




In the middle of the snowball fight, my baby brother said, "Let's do a mannequin challenge!" and literally, within 60 seconds, it was set up and I was recording. Even the 3-year-old and the 60-something-year-olds knew what to do! You can watch the video here. (Hopefully).









We also had a couple visits to see Grandma! I think some of these pictures are slightly out of chronological order, but that's OK. It was all during Christmas break.



Christmas Eve is always one of the "Main Events" for our families during Christmas break. This year we attended a candlelight service at a local church, which was immensely beautiful. Then, Grandma & Grandpa require pictures before presents.







Slippers for all the girls over the age of 10...and under 60... 



Somehow or another, that's it for Christmas Eve pictures. I'm guessing I was enjoying myself too much to be taking too many pictures. I know 3 things about this Christmas Eve:
1. There was tons of food.
2. There were tons of presents.
3. There was tons of love & laughter.

It was perfect.










No comments: