Monday, February 6, 2017

Sarah is home, part 4!

So...another snow day here today and again tomorrow as well, so I guess I'll keep on blogging!

On New Year's Eve we had an extra friend around for part of the evening, which was pretty fun for all of us, but especially for my niece!


Once Noelle left, we got into serious party mode...after all, you gotta do something active to keep the old folks awake until midnight!




We had fun with more Minute-to-Win-It games! And of course, hats & "2017" glasses were in order.



We toasted to the New Year with sparkling apple juice leftover from Christmas dinner.


We also had a beautiful snowfall. 















^^Oh yeah! My parents got a small foosball table for the Kid Cave! So fun!



On Sarah's last morning, she & I headed out so she could take some snow & mountain pictures. I loved that time with her, marveling at the creation, looking for creative photo ops, and talking. 





We also celebrated my brother's birthday!


^^The door to the Kid Cave. The first thing the cousins did was make signs for the door! 
 

And then, all too soon, it was time to say good-bye to Sarah & the cousins and go back to school. We see those cousins again in July (Yosemite, here we come!) and Ed & I see Sarah (& the new baby and his family!) at the end of February. Bethany gets to see Sarah (& the new baby & his family!) the beginning of March, but Becca & Elise have to wait until the end of May to see Sarah. Sad. 

We were blessed by our time and love looking back on those memories.

No comments: