Tuesday, May 16, 2017

End of February & March

Wow! It's true! I'm blogging...again! Twice in one month! Amazing! I'm actually just attempting to get caught up before Sarah, Bethany, & I leave for Zambia because we really want to blog that "as we go"...and "as wifi allows."

So, what follows is a very short summary of the end of February and most of March:


Becca played volleyball for the first time ever! It was a good experience overall, though with 52 girls and 4 teams the organization for the coaches was difficult, to say the least. This meant that we often didn't know which team/where Becca would play until the night before a game. That is REALLY frustrating for a planner like me. Honestly, I think it was frustrating for every mom of every girl on the team.



Volleyball has changed A LOT since I played in Junior High. This whole hand-holding and switching positions thing is new. The scoring system is different. The subbing system is different. It was quite a learning curve for me!


Becca and her teammates improved a lot over the season and it was fun to watch them work hard together and actually be able to get a good volley going. The best part was the friendships they built. I LOVED watching them support each other.

On Valentine's Day...


Bethany was voted Mrs. Servant Heart of the student body. I could not be more proud of her.


And Ed took me for a Valentine lunch at Boomer's Drive In because they had $2.99 burgers. He's extravagant like that. 

Actually, it was my idea, so don't feel sorry for me. He also got my wedding ring fixed for Valentine's Day, which was pretty awesome. And I loved my burger date.


Elise finished a puzzle we got her for Christmas. It's now framed (Thanks, Dad!) and hung in our bonus room.


For some reason I said yes to babysitting the 5th grade class rats again. It's actually not too bad. I hide them upstairs and then pretty much stay downstairs for the weekend. I even got Bethany to bring them back to school this year on Monday morning!


The drama kids were missing each other, so they made up a 24-hour-play gathering so they could hang out again like during the musical. Basically, kids could sign up to write, direct, or act in a play and everything (including writing the script) is done in a 24-hour period. Bethany was in "Soccer Mom" - they were pretty silly, but so fun for them.


We *finally* finished watching all the original episodes of "Gilmore Girls", so we could watch the new ones that came out back in November. The first one we watched with Chinese food and Red Vines. We had some form of Gilmoresque food for each episode. It was fun and now I miss watching TV with Bethany.


We couldn't do our traditional chocolate fondue on Valentine's Day (again) so we did it near the end of March. We got to Skype with Sarah and she wished she were here. 


Both Becca AND Elise auditioned for AND made it into the All-State Youth Choir. This year it was in Bellevue, which was really so much nicer than driving over the mountains in February!



Above are the 5 girls from our school who participated.


In March we celebrated Wacky Wednesday in Kindergarten. It's basically my favorite.


We also *finally* had our Dessert Social to celebrated the end of Cross Country...which ended in November. It was fun as always, listening to Coach congratulate and talk about each runner.


During mid-winter break, Bethany went to visit Sarah! So...the little girls & I had a fun shopping day in Seattle, which included some yummy frapps at Starbucks.


I love that these two are such good friends!


And then, there was the proposal...


Actually, it was a Junior-Senior Banquet (JSB) ask...a sweet boy from our church that Bethany is sweet on decorated a gazebo along our local trail and, with the help of Bethany's BFF, got her there to invite her to JSB with him. Don't worry, pictures of that event WILL get posted on the blog before June 11 when we leave for Zambia! It's my new goal!!







No comments: