Saturday, December 16, 2017

A quick trip to Arizona...in August?

Yep. In August I took a quick 3-day trip to Arizona to visit my dear friend since she had a baby this past March. I had to meet that little guy, plus I missed her and her other kiddos, too! August is NOT the best time to visit Arizona, but between the pool, the AC, and Starbucks frappucinos, we beat the heat pretty well.


Is he not the cutest? I loved loving on him. Problem is, he's sooo much bigger already, and practically walking (!) so I've got to figure out when I'll get to see him (& Tam!) again!



I love biggest sis doing bunny ears behind him!



We went for pedicures, which was something I hadn't done in years, but after wearing sandals in Africa with that dusty, rough, sparkly ground, my feet were in pretty rough shape. It was SO FUN and super relaxing for us - and the baby even cooperated through it!


I got to babysit for a while, so biggest sis and I learned a few art tricks.


And littlest sis got to help feed the baby.

Regrettably, I have no pictures of either of the DCD men, but they were there and I saw them and enjoyed spending time with the whole family.

Of course there was shopping and antiquing involved, and some crafting (more about that in the next post), and while it was a short trip, it was just about right for these two busy mamas. Maybe in our retirement years we'll get longer visits and can go to cool stuff like one of those road trip flea market/garage sales that span over 100 miles of the country!


1 comment:

Tamara said...

Love, love, loved having you here! Miss you bunches and looking forward to seeing you again! I can’t believe how “teeny” Z looks in these photos!!!!