Monday, January 26, 2009

Basketball, shelves, aunts, and cuteness

Sarah had a great basketball game on Saturday! I have made a web album of a bunch of pictures, so if you want to see more, e-mail me and I'll send ya the link. Otherwise, here's one of my favorite pictures from the game.

IMG_0182

She played awesome defense, had two great baskets and is starting to learn how to control the ball as she is dribbling. I'm still learning how to take good inside pictures with my camera.

Also this past Saturday my very handy and giving Dad came over to install a bunch of shelves in our master bedroom closet. They're awesome and he always does a great job whenever we put him to work at our house.

IMG_0296

Thanks, Dad! Love ya!

On Sunday afternoon we had lunch at my parents' and my Aunt Nancy & Uncle Jim came as well. They just moved into a new home about 10 minutes from us and so after lunch we got to go see it. It's gorgeous and expansive and totally fits them. Becca was the privileged FIRST great-niece to have a sleep-over there on Sunday night. I know they had a great time, despite only getting about 7 hours of sleep. Apparently my 5 year old wasn't so sure she could sleep without any of her sisters or her mom around.

IMG_0404

My Aunt Nancy is great - I remember having lots of sleep-overs with her as a kid. She didn't live near us, but whenever she would come to visit and stay with my Grandma, then I would get at least one night to go over there and spend time with her and sleep over. I remember lying in bed with her and she had her back to me with one arm draped over her back and I admired her long and beautiful red fingernails. She's always been the glamorous aunt. ;) One time she flew me to Texas to spend a week with her when she lived there. I was only 10 and I flew on an airplane all by myself  from Seattle to Houston. Sarah's 10. No way on earth she's flying to Houston by herself. Or anywhere else for that matter!

IMG_0553

And here's the photo of the day for Jan. 26 and also the maximum dose of cuteness anyone could take in one day. As a photographer, I'm pretty pleased with the way this turned out. I hardly edited it at all, except a little white balance adjustment to the RAW image and then saving it as a jpeg. I do wish I had noticed the little smudge of snack-time-goodness on her chin and wiped it off, though. And as a mom? Well, if that isn't the cutest thing there could possibly be, then I don't want to be your friend on Facebook anymore. ;)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love the picture of Elise! She looks angelic, especially with those blue eyes :) The lighting is great too!