Friday, January 30, 2009

These are the days of our lives.

First, let me clarify. I have never watched "Days of our Lives". In my past lives (ie: nursing days) I must admit to watching "General Hospital" on occasion. However, now that I have not been forced to sit and nourish a baby with milk for a good 18 months, I can't even remember what channel that show is on.

So, since this post is not about a TV soap opera, you may have correctly assumed that this post is about the days in the lives of the Ball family! And it is.

IMG_0581edited My good friend Amy with whom my good friend Dee & I scrapbook twice a month. Dee - your picture goes up after our next scrapbook session. :)

IMG_0559

My scrapbooking pens contained in my Kindergarten pencil holder my dad made for me!

IMG_0560

Gotta love those scrapbook magazines!

IMG_0562 The kids usually play for a while and then end up watching a movie for the last part of our scrapbooking afternoon. There was snow on the ground this past Tuesday, but somebody didn't bring Sam's boots so the kids couldn't go out and play in the snow.

IMG_0594edited 

On Wednesday we had a rousing time of dress-up!

IMG_0622 There's a story behind this cute 5-year-old and her Deer Webkinz. I went last week to pick up Becca's Kindergarten enrollment forms and was kindly told that in order to hold her spot in the Kindergarten class of our choice, her immunizations needed to be all up to date...new rule. No big deal, except that I have promised Becca time & again that she would not get shots until SUMMER, right before Kindergarten starts. So, now I had to renege on my promise and take her to get shots right away because one of the Kindergarten classes was already full and we certainly wanted to get our first choice! I told Becca, who was very upset, that if she behaved while getting her shots and didn't kick and held really still, I would buy her a Webkinz. Her two older sisters received Webkinz at Christmas, so this was an extremely coveted item. I took Becca in for her shots and she did great. She cried, but she sat very still and didn't fuss at all, so after much shopping and debate, a very cute little deer Webkinz arrived in our home on Thursday.

IMG_0630edited And today, Friday, was book-character-dress-up-day in the elementary school. This always happens at the end of BEAR week (Be Excited About Reading). Bethany has been Lucy from "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"; the American Girl "Kit"; and Junie B. Jones in past years. This year she was originally going to be the American Girl "Addy". The only problem is that Addy is a black child and we just couldn't get the look, if you know what I mean. So, we fished through the bookshelf and found "The Secret Garden" and the picture of Mary Lennox on the front cover looked very much like Bethany! And we just happened to have a pink dress and headband very similar to the picture as well. So this year, Bethany was Mary Lennox from the classic "The Secret Garden."

For those of you who are wondering, my laptop screen suddenly came on as I walked past it today. Weird, I know. I am no longer touching this screen because obviously there is a short circuit somewhere. But anyway, I was able to accomplish some of my projects on the computer after all! I also got the laundry done; but more on that in my next post...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You always seem to have so much fun :) It's great to see!