Tuesday, March 3, 2009

buddies and blooms

So last week Becca & Elise were playing so nicely that I thought I should get a cute picture of them playing together. They actually do play nicely together most of the time, so why I thought I needed a picture on that particular day, I don't know, but I did. I took this:

IMG_0969 and then, for some reason, though I'm sure it's not because my camera was in their face...again...they turned into grumps:

IMG_0996 IMG_1000

And then they didn't get along and play nicely together anymore. I put the camera away in hopes of better success with their sisters later on. Sarah & Bethany are usually good buddies too:

IMG_1016 in fact, they were such good buddies on Friday that they hardly could get their homework done! I ended up having to separate them! I'm sure you're wondering why I made them do homework on Friday afternoon. Well, I didn't. They just have a "weekend list" and homework is on it, and they chose to do that instead of all the other torturous things I had planned for them over the weekend.

It's not all work, though. That would make for 4 very crabby girls. They did get to play.

IMG_1042 From this picture, you might think Becca won. But, I doubt it. They were playing Wii tennis - doubles. I think Sarah won and Becca just had the pleasure of being Sarah's partner. The pillows are on the floor as a boundary to protect the TV from any wayward Wii-mote swinging.

We had a pretty nice weekend, and I even got to enjoy a bowl of mocha latte fudge ice cream on Saturday evening with my favorite buddy:

IMG_1077 We ate our ice cream and watched an entire movie all in one night! That is pretty unusual for us, actually. I usually get so tired that it takes 2 or 3 nights to watch a whole movie. But we had slept in on Saturday morning, so I was able to make it through the entire movie. Gosh, I sound so old.

IMG_1093 My favorite buddy installed this nice wall shelf rack thingy in the laundry room on Sunday afternoon. I am really loving it, except that the old pegs that had broken left big holes in the wall (covered by the backpacks in this picture) that I now have to fill and repaint and I really don't want to because I know that the little bit of paint we have left from painting the laundry room doesn't actually match the paint on that wall. It's a long story, but it doesn't match and it annoys me. I do love the rack, though, and now the backpacks are sturdy and each girl has their own little cubby. Nifty.

And now for the blooms...Monday afternoon was sunny, so I took advantage and went and admired my early spring blooms. IMG_1102

IMG_1113

IMG_1114

Above: taken later in the afternoon when the sun was low. Love that glow!

IMG_1134

 IMG_1096-1

P.S. I'm so proud of myself. The only editing done to these flower pictures was a tiny bit of cropping and adding the text - no color adjustment or fine-tuning the sharpness or using soft focus or anything! Amazing what natural light can do for a photograph! Plus, I'm finally figuring out the Av mode on the camera, which makes me soooo happy!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Lovely pictures! I'm glad you figured out the Av, because that is pretty much all I use, unless something is running around :) I LOVE the heather picture and the hellebores is beautiful too. I also like it when my camera naturally softens the picture with the light. Editing pictures is too much work for me. I rarely use Piknic, but it's fun once in a while when you need that something special. Oh, and I am impressed you made it through a whole movie, good job :D Have a great day!

Rachael said...

You're making me jealous with all your Spring pictures...we won't have the feeling of Spring for quite awhile yet. I miss the beauty of WA in Springtime SO MUCH!

Melissa said...

I realized my comment makes me sound like I never edit pictures, sorry to sound all snooty :) I do crop and lighten or darken sometimes!

Ed / Julie said...

Melissa - you didn't sound snooty at all. You made me laugh when you said that! I also think that editing pictures is too much work and MUCH prefer when the picture actually turns out like it's supposed to!
Rachael - COME VISIT..but wait a couple weeks...we've got a little winter weather headed our way yet this week, I think.