Monday, August 24, 2009

Bethany’s continued birthday celebrations

We celebrated Bethany’s birthday with the family in Oregon. Her actual birthday was on August 11 and she had her friend party that afternoon! My friend Melissa watched the other girls so that it could just be me, Bethany, and her 3 friends. One came a bit late, but we had an awesome time!

_MG_1050

Her party was a “craft party”. Don’t ask me how to make a “craft cake” – I do not know. I made a “scrapbook cake” for Sarah’s birthday once, but Bethany didn’t want the scrapbook cake. So, I decided on cupcakes, with pretty sprinkles, displayed on china plates on my tiered stand, which of course I was thrilled to actually get to use for a second time! I got some clip art off my computer of craft things, like glue and markers and scissors and stuff and printed them out, mounted them on pretty paper and tucked into the little toothpick holder things you see on the cupcakes there. It turned out really cute!!!

_MG_1066

While we were waiting for the guests to arrive, a hummingbird was enjoying its afternoon drink in our front yard.

_MG_1075

Bethany and two of her friends working on their craft. They painted a clipboard, adhered a “friends” vinyl and some fabric flowers, and then mounted a picture of the four friends at the end of the party. They turned out seriously cute. For some reason I do not have a picture. I’ll have to take one of Bethany’s to post.

_MG_1097

Eating cupcakes and drinking Italian Sodas. Yum!

_MG_1122

The four friends.

_MG_1126

Being models

_MG_1181

E on the slip & slide

_MG_1187

K getting up from the slip & slide

_MG_1188

Oh yeah!

_MG_1198

Don’t ask me. I have no idea how I got that picture. I remember taking it…but I don’t know how I got all that cool stuff in there. Funny thing is, I don’t think any of those are Bethany’s legs.

_MG_1200

C on slip & slide

_MG_1225

Bethany chose to go to Milt’s for her family birthday dinner. Here she is opening her gifts. This is a little notebook from Ed & I that says “totally awesome girl stuff) on the front, which she thinks is hilarious because Ed always says “totally awesome”. That’s why she’s got that silly smile.

_MG_1239

Yum. I love Milt’s. Good choice, Bethany!

_MG_1249

Showing off Milt’s brand new dessert pizza – like apple pie, only better. Deeeee-lish!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a great idea for a party! I might have to "steal" it! Your pictures are good also!

Melissa said...

Looks like Bethany had a great day! Love the cupcakes, they are fun! The leg picture IS really cool, good job on not doing it on purpose :) The hummingbird pic is pretty sweet too, how far away were you?