Thursday, September 17, 2009

It’s just all Random

My life. It’s just random.

A few days ago I finally got into the mood for fall and did some decorating.

_MG_2736On Tuesday after school I took Sarah (& the rest of the girls) & Sarah’s friend E to pick out Sarah’s glasses. Doesn’t she look just a little bit excited? ;)

_MG_2752 

I think she likes them. :) Which is good, because those frames were her second choice. Oh yes, this child has my genes and the genes of my mother. She fell in LoVe with the most expensive glasses in the store. Honestly. And then she says, only somewhat concerned, “Does price matter?” Ah, yeah. I mean, if we absolutely don’t find anything else, then maybe not, but let’s keep looking. So the pair you see above is the second choice, but it was $70 less, and even Sarah had to admit that the difference wasn’t worth $70. She’ll get the glasses back in a week or so.

And now for a little sneak peak for all those attending our church women’s retreat the first weekend in October – here’s what’s been consuming A LOT of my time and the time of the rest of the committee members:

_MG_2757

But now they are done and we can move on to the next task on the list to get ready for the retreat! Hooray!

Today I learned that Mary Travers died. Who’s that? Here’s a few hints:

  • frolicked in the autumn mist
  • the answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind
  • I'm leaving on a jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back again

Beeeeeeeep. Time’s up! Mary Travers was Mary of “Peter, Paul, and Mary”. So, in honor of her and of all my childhood hours listening to Peter, Paul, & Mary on my dad’s reel-to-reel tapes, the girls & I listened to this today:

album-the-very-best-of-peter-paul-mary

No, I don’t own it, but lala.com lets you listen to any song that has ever been recorded for free – once. Very cool. A couple days ago we listened to the “High School Musical Concert” on lala. My children are so cultured.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love your fall decorations (well, and all the holiday themes I have seen). You do a good job and they are all so pretty :)