Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Fall Day

Once upon a time, a family moved to a new town, a new school, a new church. One fall day, some new acquaintances invited that new family on an apple-picking, goat-feeding, pumpkin-choosing outing. That  day was a special day in which new friendships began to feel more like old friendships, in which the new family thought maybe, just maybe, this new town was going to feel like home in every way. And every fall since, those same friends pick apples, feed goats, and choose pumpkins together on a special fall day. There are more kids and there are older kids. The friends feel like sisters to each other. The Fall Day is one of the best days of the year.

_MG_3439My girls, who have blood sisters.

I pray they are someday as close as I am with my girlfriends. And thankfully, I now have sisters through marriage. When I am with any of them, it feels like not a day has past since the last time we were together. I love them. But my girlfriends, the ones I talk to on a daily basis, the ones I e-mail and call when I need help with my kids or with buttons or with ideas for dinner or a prayer request, those girls are my every-day sisters. There’s not a bigger compliment I could bestow upon any of them.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Love the pictures! I've been trying to get to a pumpkin patch but every day I schedule it to happen it rains. We're hoping for next Tuesday - we shall see. Looks like you all had a ton of fun. Nice pics!

dee said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures. It was a fun day! I just got done writing my blog for today...we must be blood sisters too because it is suprisingly similiar!

808 Vine Circle said...

LOVE the pictures, LOVE you gals! I haven't looked at mine yet but you can bet they aren't as nice... You are an awesome photographer! What do you think about the username? Think it's time to get a new one???