1. Halting chores in the middle of a Saturday afternoon to take a quick family hike is a good thing.
3. Fall is truly a beautiful season.
4. We live in a beautiful area and have an amazing creative God. Sarah noticed everything while we were hiking.
5. My 9-year-old still has the mind of a curious scientist. She looked for spores, inspected moss, and asked “why?’.
6. Fresh air does wonders for a mind bogged down with to-do lists, checkbook balancing numbers, tasks to organize, and future worries.
7. Sticks are cool.
8. Trail mix tastes amazing when one is on the trail.
9. My impressions of Elise are correct: that is one determined little 3 year old. She climbed the entire way up all by herself, and it was VERY steep! 10. Who needs Boston in the fall when you’ve got this right outside your own backdoor?