Saturday, December 12, 2009

Writing Assignments

1. My favorite Christmas sights: the Kindergarteners through Fourth Graders dressed in white capes and red bows at the school Christmas Program (pictures and details on that to come after the actual program on the 18th); lights on houses (if they’re done well – sorry, I’m a “Christmas Light Snob”); and twinkles in children’s eyes.

2. Christmas Parties: Ed & I were blessed to go yet another Logos Christmas Party – this was our 14th – we have missed only one since Ed started working there full time.  This year was especially fun as the company has grown and been so blessed and it was wonderful to celebrate that with the others in the company. Our entertainment included a professional (& Christian!) comedian named Ron Pearson who had me laughing to hard I cried; the traditional Logos Choir; singing carols together; and of course door prizes. I did not win the Roomba. Or the Espresso Machine. Or the camera. Or the Blue Ray Player. Any of those would have been great. I would have been thrilled! I didn’t win anything. Oh, except I did have a fabulous evening out with my handsome husband and we slept until 8:30 the next morning thanks to my parents who keep the kids overnight every year when we go to the Logos Christmas Party. So, I guess I AM a winner.

IMG_49892009-12-12I had my hair done for the occasion – the first time in my life! So much fun! Ed loved it, too. There is a picture of us with the whole get-up, but we don’t have it yet.

IMG_4990That’s the comedian. He’s also a juggler. And he balances ladders on his chin while he does it. Amazing. Now if he could just do it while riding his unicycle…that would be something.  

3. Favorite Christmas  Movies/Shows: I have yet to see the new Veggie Tales Christmas movie, but I love “The Toy that Saved Christmas”. I watched “It’s a Wonderful Life” for the first time when I was a freshman at Calvin. For some reason I never got hooked on that movie, though I enjoy it when I have the chance to watch. I Love Love Love the kids’ Christmas programs and recitals and my dad’s choir cantata. Almost always I have a huge lump in my throat from trying not to cry. Or else I do cry. I am a big cry-er at these things.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you got a picture of the ladder, that was so cool.