Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of glory died, my richest gain I count but loss, and pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast save in the death of Christ, my God! All the vain things that charm me most, I sacrifice them through his blood.

See from his head, his hands, his feet, sorrow and love flow mingled down. Did e'er such love and sorrow meet, or thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine, that were a present far too small. Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul,

my life,

my all.

_MG_0101 The congregation at my parents’ church was challenged this Lent season to create a cross that shows the meaning of Good Friday & Easter. I didn’t know my parents were participating until my daughter told me about helping my dad build it when she stayed with my parents this past weekend. It sounded like a simply beautiful idea and the cross my parents created sounded so special. I stopped by their church today to look at their cross, and all the others. I was stunned by the creativity, the heartfelt work, and the presence of Christ. This congregation sacrificed time, effort, money, and their gifts in order to display Christ’s sacrifice to us.

This one (above and below), created out of mirrors and glass, of course, is my dad’s handiwork.

_MG_0109boost 

Below is my parents explanation of their cross:

_MG_0116 May you be moved by Christ’s sacrifice this Good Friday and rejoice in His victory over death on Easter Sunday.

1 comment:

michele said...

Wow... what wonderful pictures of the cross... Good Friday - what a solemn day and a day of reflection.