Thursday, December 2, 2010

Calvin Light Brigade

Last Saturday, Ed put up the Christmas lights. This year he had an assistant.

Notice that they are wearing maroon and gold, which are, of course, Calvin’s colors. Those are both Calvin sweatshirts. They make the putting up of Christmas lights a pleasurable task, of course.

I posted this picture on Facebook and a friend commented that HE should get an assistant whilst putting up lights this year. I commented back that they better wear their Calvin gear. He commented back that they only have t-shirts, so I commented back that they better wear their t-shirts over their sweatshirts. He commented “Yes’m.”

I don’t believe I’ve ever had that said to me. It’s quite nice. I think I will start making my children answer me with “Yes’m.”

Anyhoo, just got these pictures from my friend and his family:

image

image

Our friends totally rock.

Anyone else up to the challenge of spreading Christmas cheer while decked out in Calvin gear?

P.S. To my Dordt friends: First, I love you anyway. Second, you may borrow my Calvin gear if you wish.

6 comments:

Tamara said...

what about those of us from neither Calvin nor Dordt? :)

Ed / Julie said...

Tam, I love you also anyway, and you may also borrow my Calvin gear.

dee said...

I'd rather put up Christmas lights completely nude than wear Calvin gear.

Ed / Julie said...

Only you.

Mike and Amy said...

amen, dee!

Ed / Julie said...

alvh - I dare you.