Sunday, March 8, 2015

Late January

January was a busy month! This is the second of probably 4 posts regarding events in January!

IMG_6130

That is my Silhouette. It cuts things. I use it to cut vinyl & paper, mostly for The Salvaged Sash, GEMS, school projects, and My First School. However, a recent project made me consider how I could use it to write things as well, rather than trying to print the words on the printer and then get it lined up just right to cut out the shape on the Silhouette. The Silhouette is designed to do this with special pens. I purchased the special pens, but 3 in the pack of 4 were totally dried up! As they say, necessity is the mother of invention, so I wrapped some masking tape around a regular pen until it was the correct width, slid it in, and viola! It worked!

IMG_6131

I also painted the little niche above the fireplace. I don’t really like the little niche, but it’s better now that everything doesn’t disappear onto the beige walls. I like the contrast.

IMG_6133

IMG_6136

My sweet littles…

IMG_6146

Such a momentous occasion…Elise out with Mom & Dad all by herself! Her sisters were all engaged for the evening, so we headed out for some fun with the 3 of us. I know, I know, all too soon it will just be the 3 of us all the time. Sad smile

IMG_6175

We had Polar Bear Day in Kindergarten, which was loads of fun, and I brought Elise’s stuffed animal…which makes me laugh since polar bears & penguins don’t live on the same continent.

IMG_6213

We also had Be Excited About Reading (BEAR) week, otherwise known as Be Excited About Turning of electronics. (It is okay to detect sarcasm there). Elise dressed as Mandie from the Young Mandy series, which she had written a book report on. In my class, we were Minions from Despicable Me. Yes, I know that was a movie first. But there are books. And Kindergarteners make cute minions. See?

IMG_6226

Our Superintendent was Gru. He was a HIT! I made all those hats, with the “help” of the Kindergarteners wearing them. We had a great time!

I wish our BEAR week actually focused more on reading than on turning off the electronics, however. You know, actual incentive and motivation for getting into the habit of reading, rather than incentive for not watching TV for 4 days. I’d like to see the whole school work together towards a reading goal of minutes or pages or something like that. Maybe someday…

Looks like that’s it for now. Basketball is up next, followed by the AMAZING Beauty & the Beast musical!

No comments: